View Single Post
Old 25-08-2022, 20:05   #25
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star
Re: iPhone 14 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Most devs/engineers/full stack devs call them what you will, want & use Mac
devs and engineers will use whatever is infront of them. they are writing the same code using pretty much the same applications, so it's neither here nor there. personal preference seems to be the defining factor in my experience.

Quote:
BTW IBM manages 10,000 MacOS devices with JAMF. At my place my teams manage 3,000 MacOS devices with JAMF & 2,800 with a combination of AD & SCCM.
yes, it's doable. it's just not as simple as MS on larger scales and in some part, requires some added specifics to ensure a better integration. at Enterprise, MS has been in the game so long, they still rule there.

Quote:
Their response to the recent 0 day is nothing particularly to be impressed by. especially when take into consideration apples supported method of deployment and installation of updates. The same applies to security tooling such as Netskope, Umbrella, WebTitan, GPCS (Prisma) CrowdStrike all present either configuration, deployment or management challenges.
I'm not necessarily saying it was impressive. it's just easier for them to patch on their eco-system. Think about all the versions MS need to patch. even EOL products get specials every now and then if the threat is big enough. That's a lot more work to get it done.

Quote:
Apple are wanting to expand further into the enterprise space and have been for some time it's fairly recent purchase of Fleetsmith is testament to this.However, they need to clearly segregate between the home user & the enterprise user and fix the significant issues at the enterprise side.
agreed. they are not nearly as slick in enterprise at this time.

Quote:
Their silicon however... is spot on but again, presents significant challenges to the enterprise.

I'm agnostic and use either Windows 11, MacOS or iOS depending on where i am and what i'm doing.
not sitting on x86 / x64 architecture means double workload for vendors. is it worth their time when most of the business world sits on MS procudts? maybe not yet. like you say, if Apple become a condender, then things may start to shift. But there are a lot of very focused and particular software setups in production environments that need Windows because there is no Mac equivelent.

For those people who are designing, use systems as a work station with not much more than a shared NAS, or using webapps for the most part (which as you know is a huge shift towards this these days, whith the prevelence of AWS and Azure), it simply doesn't really matter what OS is used - they can both do it. But when you have corporations using shared resources and heavy backend setups such as databases, MS still has their audience. Plus of course, generally speaking, those who work in the area of IT support will tend to know MS much better than Mac, so getting the right level of support for a business infrastructure sitting on Apple products can be tricky. That's a put-off.