View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 11:28   #1467
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

I am well aware of your retrospective claim to have been talking about broadband. Anyone else is welcome to click the little blue arrow by the quote and see it in context, where you repeatedly reference 10 years from now, including posts where the only thing you've quoted is people talking about VOD.

You switched to predicting 2035 because we made an argument you couldn't answer. You admitted as much:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Not sure what you mean, but I think the number of TV channels will reduce over time and eventually go altogether.

I think in the future you will just pay for what you watch, with a choice of subscription and/or pay per view. Commercial broadcasters are pretty unanimous in pleading that the TV licence system is out of date.

When you compare the instant access to the programmes you want to see with the likes of Netflix and Amazon Prime, with the tiresome wait for the programme you want to see on broadcast TV and those interminable advertisements, I think that most people, in time, will come to accept the inevitable.

I acknowledge I could well be wrong on the 10 years time span, but come it will, I'm convinced of that. Of course something even more startling may develop in the meantime which none of us have even contemplated!
Only later, did you settle on the idea of 2035, and soon afterwards you started claiming you'd never said otherwise.

Busted.

Last edited by Chris; 05-10-2020 at 11:36.