View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 07:43   #1463
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

I said 2035, and you only need to take thetime to look at the posts to see that this is correct.

The disinformation that some people like to spread on here is quite remarkable, which must be either an indication of desperation, goading, trolling or perhaps early onset dementia.

---------- Post added at 07:43 ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Ah, still not changed OB. Still banging on about this. How many years now? We can't be far off your original 10 year ramblings now, can we? When are you now predicting the death of linear TV? Will be interesting to see what happens when a swathe of new content lands on linear TV and streaming services.

Lockdown probably skewed the figures somewhat recently, with everyone at home had the choice between crappy day time TV or top quality shows available to watch at any time
Hello, Harry, nice to see you back. I have often wondered what happened to you!

I guess the bit I’ve highlighted clearly shows the difference that VOD brings, and once the majority of the population gets used to it, this will be the way most people will choose to watch TV.

That’s what I believe will happen, but hey, who knows? Others have a different view, which is OK, although for the life of me I cannot see why anyone would seriously believe that methods of viewing will not completely change in time. Even the BBC is planning for the new IPTV world in a decade’s time, and an end to the existing broadcasts by transmitters, which will be a major trigger for this change.

I am sure you cannot have not seen the big change in viewing habits that have been reported over just the few years since you’ve been absent from this thread. In 15 years, I reckon that change will be complete.