View Single Post
Old 25-02-2024, 21:06   #2325
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
HBO MAX will launch in the UK in 2026 after the SKY deal expires.
Perhaps, perhaps not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
The transcript and where it mentions the UK , Germany & Italy is mentioned here
https://seekingalpha.com/article/467...all-transcript

They said another interview about Italy ,Max launch coinciding with Milano-Cortina Winter Olympics.
Very useful, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Death to sky Atlantic then
Perhaps, perhaps not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I think the likes of SKY as we know it are on borrowed time tbh, we will see a overhaul of pay tv in the very near future, vm, ee and SKY are already going that way by including other subscriptions such as Netflix, paramount+ into their tv packages.
No OB this isn't the death of linear tv, that will continue on.
There are major changes coming, no doubt about. Hence my perhaps comments about Max launching and Sky Atlantic closing.

All the main media cos are talking to each other at the moment and there could be some big announcements ahead. If Paramount isn't sold this year, it will go bankrupt. It owes a debt repayment about now. They are talking to Warners and Comcast about merging.

One option on the table is for the running of Paramount+ and Max to be taken over by Netflix or fully absorbed by them. But Comcast wants to ruin that party, so I doubt that will happen.

Come April when certain regulatory restrictions on Warner expire, I would expect to start hearing things around then. Most pundits reckon that Comcast will take over Warners, so Sky Atlantic may still live and Max may never see the light of day here. And around the same time, we'll hear whether Elon Musk will make his move on Disney.

Last edited by Horizon; 25-02-2024 at 21:16.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote