Thread: Pronouns
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2022, 12:18   #40
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Pronouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Gender Ideology, the driving idea behind the whole Pronouns thing, and which only really started to appear to most of us around 2015, is just that.....an ideology.

Like any other ideology you can choose to participate in it, or not.

I choose not, because if I was to recognise it out of politeness or any other reason, would be to acquiesce to something I don't believe in, or can plainly see.

It would be like saying to a christian that I believe in god, just so I don't hurt his feelings.

Perfect example is Eddie Izzard. He is a man. Plainly a man. There is no way I would address him as She. No matter how hurt his feelings may be.

Doesn't this just come down to acceptance, if Eddie Izzard wants to use the pronouns she/her then so what? individuals might not agree with it but there is zero cost to respecting someone's wishes.

people (not necessarily you) who refuse to go this type of request will usually be the first to complain when their own requests aren't listened to or their feelings are being imposed on.

I'm an atheist but I'm not going to run round refusing to acknowledge people's religious beliefs just because it's something i don't believe in.

Protestant? Good for you
Catholic? Good for you
Non binary? Great
Pastafarian? Touch me with your noodly appendage