View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 10:31   #72
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Bakers who refused to make 'gay cake' say they felt 'victimised'

No, they do have a right not to promote something that they fundamentally disagree with. They are not denying custom.

This isn't a situation where the customer has no alternative and while they state they were not trying to entrap the bakers by asking them for this message, the fact they then pursued it through the courts rather than simply going to another baker seems otherwise.

Wonder what the result would be if the bakers were gay and the customer requested a cake opposing gay marriage. Equally legal message and I'd expect the bakers to exercise their right to refuse custom.