View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 14:42   #1
Phil
cf.member

Phil is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Agreed New Package but email contract higher cost

I am exhausted after two day totalling several hours on the phone to Retentions

I agreed a new package yesterday with Retentions to reduce our monthly bundle costs as our existing deal was due to run out on the 25th May. I agreed a deal amounting to £92. I have had two emails from them to say my new monthly bundle price is £112. This is not what I agreed.

In addition, we went from 3 set top boxes to 2 (our son has bought his own home and moved out). I knew something was up when the person on Retentions said she was having problems putting the details on the system as there were technical issues at that time. She confirmed my contact phone numbers and promised to phone me back but I have not had a call.

I called back Retentions yesterday afternoon and explained the situation to another operative who said she was also having difficulties in entering the details onto the system. This operative mentioned that it looked like her colleague had deactivated the wrong set top box. I was put on hold whilst she investigated but suddenly the phone just cut off !!

My wife has the new V6 box and when she went to use it last night (approx 19:30) the error code showing indicated that the box had been deactivated!!. I phoned the TV fault line and eventually spoke to a fantastic lady called Mishba and explained I had changed my package but was experiencing problems with the set top boxe being incorrectly deactivated. She asked for the codes from the box we wished to deactivate and the codes from the 2 boxes we wished to keep and within 30 minutes everything was resolved. I asked about the difference in the package price and she said she could see the agreed price of £92 on my account but could see there were issues with how the new package was setup. She suggested I phone retentions again this morning as she could not alter the details only Retentions could do this but she had left some notes on my account.

I phoned Retentions again this morning and spoke to yet another representative who looked into the matter for me and said she would have to phone me back on my mobile phone as she was having difficulrties with the system. After approx 1 hour she phoned back to say that she had fixed the problem. I thanked her for phoning back and she proceeded to read out the terms and conditions and then I asked if she needed the numbers for the back of the set top back that we were to return. I went into our living room to get these details but my mobile phone lost signal and she has not phoned me back !!

I am in limbo. Have the details of the new contract at £92 been entered successfully or not?. I'm currently on hold waiting to speak to Retentions yet again. I have never experienced problems like this before in dealing with Virgin Media.

In desperation last night I logged a complaint on their system but it could be 48 hours before I get a response. I would like to resolve these issues ASAP.

Can anyone help on the forum who are employees of Virgin Media please as I am exhausted trying to resolve these issues

Thanks
Phil

---------- Post added at 13:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

All sorted at last....after another 1 hour 30 mins on the phone to Retentions!!

Im exhausted....going for a lie down
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote