Thread: PS5 thread
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2021, 22:35   #186
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS5 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Thing is the 48 is currently about the same price as the 55. Lol. It takes years for that to happen though.
I don't have room for anything large than a 49 which is in the corner, it sucks the 48 is never cheaper though.

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
My son has finally got his hands on the PS5 he’s been wanting for months. He paid over the odds from an eBay seller which makes my blood boil but it’s his wages and I guess he can afford it while he has no mortgage or other bills, though I dislike rewarding vultures.

Anyway, my question: the box is really noisy at certain times when the unit is working hard. He says there’s a fix detailed on the Sony website that involves opening the casing and removing a sticker from the HDD enclosure. Is this true, and is the procedure recommended and worth the effort?

Thank you hive mind
I've read 1 person had this issue and they found a sticker was the cause, but on the fan.

Btw the PS5 doesn't have an HDD it's an NVMe which is part of the motherboard.

I can't recommend a fix as mines completely silent so haven't looked into it.