View Single Post
Old 19-05-2022, 15:13   #2225
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Partygate & Beergate discussion

Maybe politics has made me too cynical these days but the way the statement today seems to have worded is a little opaque here;

Reuters;
Quote:
Johnson's spokesman said police had confirmed that the prime minister would not receive any further fines.
Daily Mail;
Quote:
The Met has confirmed they are taking no further action against the Prime Minister...
It's not a redundant question to ask here exactly how many fines Boris Johnson got as those statements seem to be more forward looking than back. My initial thought was the statement seems to say the investigation is now closed and no more fines would be issued which is what you would expect if the investigation was now finished.

If the first statement said 'Johnson's spokesman said police had confirmed that the prime minister did not receive any further fines', that is a different thing altogether

Maybe I am too jaded in my old age...