View Single Post
Old 25-05-2021, 03:43   #5
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Fibre Phone Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
So which provider are you considering moving to? Anyone using the Openreach network won't be of much use as their PSTN is being retired in 2025 and areas are already being moved over to VoIP.
Well that is the dilema, if you read my OP you will see I am aware of this but the Virgin service is very limited in what it actually offers.

It’s very backwards that a phone network which has been self powered for over half a century is at the stage that more equipment is required at the end to actually use it and any outage for TV and broadband going forward will also pull down the phone service.

It seems somewhat premature and not very well thought out unlike other actual VOIP services who have mobile phone apps etc.

When the Virgin broadband network went down here a few years back we all still had a phone service but no tv or broadband and the mobile networks went into meltdown. To think that if that was to happen again (and the chances are it may) then my business could loose out on some important calls.

Even the letter to say that it is coming starts off with a so exciting tone followed by if there is a power cut or loss of network then basically tough.

By their own admissions it is already an inferior service.

The point to my post is to find out how customers who already have the service are finding it and if it is as reliable as hoped for the quality and consistency expected from something as simple as a landline.

So any feedback or reassurances of the service is what we are looking for.

Last edited by ScottishSteve; 25-05-2021 at 04:39.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote