Thread: Pronouns
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2022, 13:56   #51
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Pronouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Sorry … nice try but no cigar.

I speak English; I refer to individuals as ‘he’ or ‘she’. This is based on a prima facie determination of an individual’s biological sex. That is normal and has been so for millennia. I understand the strategy of attempting to make the revolution appear to be the reasonable proposition, but it isn’t - most especially if it presents itself as individuals making choices about themselves but seeks ultimately to compel others to change their behaviour (in this case, their speech).

The absurdity of critical gender theory doesn’t lie in a specific number of supposed gender states but in its elevation of these psychological states above the fundamentals of human biology and the linguistic contortions required by a vast number of unaffected individuals, to accommodate it.

Ultimately critical gender theory is just another theory of self. Freud had a stab at producing one and his was wildly influential in its time, but it’s almost entirely discredited today. This too shall pass - either that or our grandchildren will be so hung up on what they are that they forget that it takes a man to fertilise a woman and a woman to birth a baby, the birth rate will fall off a cliff and the world will carry on with only those cultures that didn’t allow themselves to be so distracted.
It was a question in answer to your response, i was genuinely trying to understand how you formed your view not entrap you.

Saying something has been the normal for millenia doesn't mean it will stay that way. everything is subject to change, we might not like it, we might argue against it but ultimately change wins. Desperation to cling to the status quo driven by fear or other methods often means positives that may arise are lost.

I can admit my own fallibility on the above with regards to the B word

Personally, I would think our grandchildren will have bigger fish to fry then if we refer to someone as he/she/they/it

Interesting conversation , brings the whole question of tolerance, empathy and how we only utilise it when it conforms to our beliefs