View Single Post
Old 24-01-2023, 15:58   #10
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: ISP Virgin Media UK Discounts Gigabit Broadband to £39.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash45 View Post
That would be because VM don't advertise it as average to 1 device its average to the hub, and the average joe just uses the hub well as a hub, so if kids are maxing a 1 gig port out downloading a mass game on steam so on it leaves a good 150-200meg free for another port / wifi to use at the same time so really they aren't wrong nothing stopping average joe achieving those speeds, but yes i also agree a fair few of us here aren't average joe an can indeed max it on 1 device lol
I'd argue that for most of the people upgrading/taking the 1G service, its a useless number given the wireless devices most people have. The main reason I point this out is that they could then ring up VM and complain they are "not getting the speeds they are paying for"

From the VM sales page:

Quote:
The Gig1 broadband service offers average download speeds of 1,130Mbps – 22 times faster than the national average – which enables households to do more online at the same time and on multiple devices.

Share files in a flash

With download speeds averaging 1,130Mbps and upload speeds averaging 52Mbps, you’ll really feel the difference when you download, send and share even the biggest files.
It's a bit naughty ...