View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 13:55   #1521
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
May I just add that if someone makes (empty) threats about taking legal action against people who call out daft things they say then isn't fine either, whatever excuse the person uses for saying the daft things.
This post, however, when taken together with all previous posts and compared to how he speaks to others could be viewed as unlawful discrimination and harrassment by Ofcom.

Continuing to contact or refer to someone who has expressly asked them not to is an offence under the Harrassment Act, be it in person, over the phone, by electronic means or in any other way, be it in public or in private. I imagine that a very dim view indeed would be taken of someone who chose to blatantly disregard the law and then went on to publicly mock it's effectiveness.

Referring to a person's known neuro diversity as 'an excuse' and being deliberately disparaging about their attempts to communicate as 'daft' is unlawful under the Equality Act.

I'm surprised that he doesn't know this and would proceed to do it as a Mental Health First Aider, you'd think he'd know better.

In a real life situation, would an attempt to publicly humiliate someone with a stutter for the way that they speak be acceptable?

Likewise, would an attempt to publicly humiliate someone with Touretts Syndrome be referred to as saying 'daft things' following an outburst caused by their tick be made?

Probably not (I hope!), but it does go to show that some people still regard those with neuro diversity issues as fair game and it has to stop.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 06-05-2022 at 14:08. Reason: Grammar corrected by facilitator CRE.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote