View Single Post
Old 22-06-2023, 10:24   #7
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Missing Titanic Sub

I'm afraid they'll only be recovering bodies. I'd be interested to know what contingencies where in place to cover this situation.

They say they lost communications after two hours, I believe it takes longer than that to reach the site, which would suggest a failure with the sub as opposed to the sub being snagged on wreckage.

I would have thought such a sub/ operation would have:

1. Redundant power systems should one fail.
2. An independent battery powered transponder.
3. An umbilical to the surface vessel.
4. A duplicate sub on the surface vessel capable of retrieving the sister sub.

and I'm sure there are other mitigations that could have been in place. I know it's a risk doing this kind of thing but you have to cover off as many what ifs as possible, and a power failure must be the No.1 on the what if list.