View Single Post
Old 22-04-2021, 16:06   #4
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: New Virgin Install at Property with Existing Cabling

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyronnie View Post
my understanding is that is already built into the hub as you just plug a normal telephone into the hub and get a dial tone
If that's the case ( Excuse my ignorance but you mentioned a CAT5e cable which is for Ethernet ) then you need to connect the extension phone socket circuits to the socket (RJ45 IIRC) on the hub. You can get a kit consisting of a plug in connector, cable, IDC tool and 1st socket for reasonable money. There are three wires that have to be connected: two for the audio circuit and one for the ringer. The extension connecting kit ( sitting in front of me ) shows the details of what to connect to where.

[edit]
I'm guessing that the extensions are currently directly wired into an existing (dead) master socket, you'll need to remove this connection to make the new connection to the first extension socket.

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Disregard what I just posted. I've looked on the back of the Hub3 and there are two Ethernet ports marked TEL1 and TEL2.

A VOIP compatible phone (digital) just plugs into these. Too connect an analogue phone and system then you would need the ATA adaptor.

Last edited by heero_yuy; 22-04-2021 at 16:00. Reason: Master socket
heero_yuy is online now   Reply With Quote