View Single Post
Old 22-04-2021, 15:13   #1
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road
New Virgin Install at Property with Existing Cabling

My mate just had virgin installed into his property today and i was there to oversee the install.

The property has had cable services before so it was just a matter replacing all the cable and wireless coax points with virgin ones and connecting up the 360 boxes in the rooms and running a new coax cable into the cellar where all the CAT6A cables were put. The virgin guy did a fantastic job all over. 10/10 service from him.

Even though the property had a Virgin Telephone Line we were told by the engineer and the customer services person that the voice services go through the virgin hub now. Even though there was a physical virgin telephone line there. The engineer said this is the norm now and the only people that have a physical line are existing customers and at that if ever anything goes wrong with it they would switch them over the VOIP line in the Hub.

So my question is this. Is there anyway of using cat5e which we have spare from the CCTV install. To connect to the RJ11 port in the hub then tap into the Virgin Telephone line point so that all the telephone points in the house come to life?

Thanks in advance