View Single Post
Old 18-10-2021, 18:44   #35
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Why TV only customers are only allowed to have an old Tivo box

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
A thing I missed in the logic there - most customers still have a TiVo box because they don't have Virgin Fibre.

So unless they have broadband from another provider, they wouldn't be able to use another streaming service.
Just following your logic of an upgrade from Virgin, which would need a broadband connection. I wouldn't like to guess at how many of Virgin's TV only customers already have broadband from another provider but I'm sure they exist. It would also be interesting to know the actual amount of TiVo boxes still around in homes with Virgin Fibre.

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Are there any other services and channels that are not available to TV only customers who can only have the Tivo box?
The 4K channels. I can't think of anything else. After that, it depends if you are comparing the TiVo with the V6 or the 360 box and if you prefer to record from SD channels to save disk space.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote