View Single Post
Old 16-07-2021, 17:23   #13
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Mobile UK Moves to Scrap Pay As You Go Packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I am looking for a new rollover PAYG, am currently with 3 and their charges on PAYG have gone silly. Saw your post so have looked at Asda payg. It looks good, well it did before I checked on Trust Pilot so I'm back to looking at 1p mobile which looks good but at the moment with not using my phone much and it requiring a 3 monthly top up it isn't fitting my needs as, at the moment, I would be hard pressed using up the £10 credit I started with in a year.
1p Mobile works out at about 57p a week, so is useful for those who use roughly an hour a week or less.

I am in credit at present, but as this never expires, it will be useful to use for data when no WiFi is available and for calls to friends & family abroad who are unable/unwilling to use apps such as Whatsapp.

Calls abroad aren't 1p per minute, but are much cheaper than Virgin Media, so i'll use my mobile for these to both save money and spend any accumulated credit.

Anyone using over about two hours a week would be better off using an unlimited calls/texts SIM with some data included.

I worked out that not having to use my VM landline Mon-Fri (free weekend calls) and not having to remember to make a chargeable call (some PAYG companies had something daft like a minimum call charge of £2) and knowing that any accumulated credit rolled over would be useful for data & weekend calls whilst away from home with no WiFi made 1p Mobile the best choice for me.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 16-07-2021 at 17:33.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote