View Single Post
Old 30-06-2004, 21:04   #15
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte
Re: Poor wireless connectivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky
Ahhh, sounds like it is a problem with Intel wireless adaptors then. Argh. From what you said, it sounds exactly like the problems i've been having. I don't really want to have to take this out adaptor out . I have a spare USB wireless adaptor though, so I might try that in. It works alright on the other desktop.

SOSAGES: I've updating the driver, but it has made it really, really bad. Now it acts like it does at night, but during the day. Although having said that, I has been up for about 10 mins now since I entered the forum, so hoping that it was just a glitch. I tried to rollback the driver, and it said it did, but the driver date didn't change. I hit rollback again but it said no drivers were backed up. I might try a system restore if i starts playing up, but seems alright atm. I don't think I have any authentication as I didn't get time to do it before. I just told my dad if he does anything sensitive like online banking or shopping, to use the PC wired into the router. It's on my list to do though.

Pem: Cheers for that. I did think about that. I seem to remember having trouble getting them to work on most of the others, but i'll try and play with it. anyway.

Thanx for the tips though guys, I appreciate it
It might not just be intel mini-PCI that do it, I had and 802.11b adapter in previously and that would do the same (That one wasnt intel). I think it may be an issue with WinXP and Mini-PCI or WinXP and certain configurations with Mini-PCI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Can I add that I was having MAJOR problems with my belkin wireless adaptor initially.

It was due to the fact that both windows AND the belkin software were trying to run the connection.

Once I just used the windowsXP drivers it was ok.

Maybe this is something else for you consider?
Ive tried just using the windows software, and just using the Intel software and it still does the same so its not that either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pem
Try changing the wireless channel you are using. Many things can intefere - including other wireless installations, some phones, microwaves etc etc.
Tried that, every single channel is the same, was pretty sure it wasnt this anyway since my Network currently runs fine on the channel im using, its just this one card in particular.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote