View Single Post
Old 28-05-2014, 17:33   #12
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: The right raid array for NAS

In the long term I would think transcoding of streaming media will be needed much less. Media players, tv's and even phones are already at a point where they can play pretty much every raw format. Even the TV in my bedroom has DTS support so I can stream the same mkv's as I use in the front room without any transcoding at all. Same with the mobile phone/tablet with the correct player although for mobile network speed a low powered NAS seems sufficient to transcode to that bitrate.

Serviio is similar to Mezzmo (used both in the past) and the Synology NAS have a Serviio package anyone can install, althoug hmileage will vary depending in the power of the particular model.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote