View Single Post
Old 23-01-2023, 10:10   #556
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
I still feel S4C may move over to BBC A sometime this year due to the following:

A) Since April 2013 a funding for S4C was transferred to the BBC.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S4C_Authority

B) The BBC is not using the broadcasting slot outside Scotland [Slot being use in Scotland for BBC Scotland Channel).
C) S4C is on BBC iPlayer
D) S4C HD to timeshare with CBBC HD in Wales on Freeview.
If S4C was going to go to BBCA D3&4 probably wouldn't have been reconfigured in my opinion. Unless the reconfiguration isn't about S4C but something about ITV's or Channel 4's DTT strategy, and more likely the former if that's the case since they own SDN/COM4.

I think some BBC rules regarding BBCA's use would need to change for to S4C to use it anyway, and as far as I'm aware they haven't.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote