View Single Post
Old 27-07-2022, 22:26   #1828
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, Liz Truss wants the police to get on with catching criminals instead of being arbitrators of internet posters who’ve had the feelings hurt. She said so.

I don’t seriously think that Nadine would argue with Liz over that, do you?

I’m not advocating the Bill be scrapped, just that these provisions about these delicate flowers being offended are taken out.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

There are bound to be differences between those on the left of politics and those on the right, but the reasonable ones always manage to agree a lot on matters in between!
The police are unlikely to become involved except in the most serious of cases, such as the prolonged campaign of discriminatory harrassment in breach of an anti harrassment notice under the Harrassment Act & libellous comments made by someone to me on facebook or the racist comments made to the three black footballers, child sex abuse, serious scammers etc.

This is precisely why Ofcom have had their remit widened to include those making a nuisance of themselves on the internet.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 27-07-2022 at 22:33. Reason: Spelling, removed duplicate words. Fa RDA.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote