View Single Post
Old 18-07-2022, 08:26   #1710
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
There is and this legislation will remain in place as a last resort, but this new legislation would, amongst other things, make things much easier to deal with, particularly for those without legal advice and assistance because they are unable to afford it.

---------- Post added at 04:02 ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 ----------

People behaving in an inappropriate manner should be dealt with. The victim should not be expected to put up with it, let alone be required to take any steps to mitigate the behaviour.

Your solution would, for example, mean that the perpetrator of the homophobic language that Maggys daughter has had to endure (if it were to take place on the unternet) to face no action and continue to do it.

---------- Post added at 04:22 ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 ----------

Theres not a chance that this will happen for the reasons i've already outlined. In fact, with the advent of the Metaverse, chat rooms, social media, forums etc are likely to be replaced by it and usage of the internet is expected to rise, with most young people spending a huge proportion of their lives online.

Sadly, trolling, sexual abuse, paedophilic activity etc is already rearing it's ugly head on the Metaverse, so legislation is required to keep people safe.
No reason to allow parents to abdicate their responsibilities.I didn't as a parent and teacher.Constantly cutting back on other people's freedoms to express themselves just means that they will find newer and more underhand means to allow their viewpoint out into the world.Better to keep them under observation than hiding away from view.Stop thinking you can nanny the universe.

---------- Post added at 08:26 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Ofcom have produced some podcasts that aim to educate people about online trolling:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/news-centre...a-woman-online
I already know all that.I'm a woman on the internet and I'm more than capable of dealing with all that.I DON'T need protecting.