View Single Post
Old 17-07-2022, 17:48   #1704
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
That's an oversimplification because it's a totally different ball game these days.

Children regard social media as essential and will not come off it. It would also mean that they were socially alienated and out of the loop.

In addition, saying that people should come off it means that the trolls will have succeeded in their aim.

If someone were to constantly threaten/insult you IRL everytime you walked past their house, the solution would be to have them dealt with rather than tell the recipient to wear ear plugs or take another route.
I think an awful lot of people will be upset if this legislation led to the closure of discussion groups altogether because everyone became scared of saying anything. The people behind the legislation may mean well, but the impact of this will be devastating.

I think the message may at last be getting through and I’m picking up hints that it may be ditched or completely reviewed by the new PM.