View Single Post
Old 16-07-2022, 20:48   #1698
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I don't get bullied on face book twitter or any other social media site because i'm not signed up to any of them ,you should try it.
I've never been bullied on those sites either. People should be able to use them though if they want to, without fear of bullying.

For young people these days, not joining whichever is the most 'in' social media site would lead to social exclusion & isolation. It's where they arrange parties, meet ups etc.

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Real life bullying is much more worrying because it's literally in your face.Online bullying can at least be switched off and ignored.For the real life bullied it's literally in your face ALL the time.Trust me as a teacher I understand this.Mind it would help if parents got REALLY,really nosy about their child's online life.Both the bullied and the bully's families should be responsible online or off.Sadly too many parents don't want to invade their child's privacy.Nuts to that.Take responsibility as a parent and be nosy.
These days, children have to face both online and real life bullying. In the past they could at least have some respite in the evenings, weekends and school holidays, but now they can be targeted 24/7.

I strongly agree that parents should be regularly checking their children's devices, not only for online bullying, but for other reasons such as being scammed, preyed upon by paedophiles or hebophiles etc.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote