Thread: Football Season 2021/22
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 11:48   #224
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Season 2021/22

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
I don't think it was a weak line up,not the strongest I agree,it was just the lack of commitment from the players that disappointed me. As for the facile political gestures to provoke the home nation,I presume you're referring to taking the knee? I don't agree with it either but as England national team do it before every match I see no reason why they should of not done it just to please a bunch of racists. What disturbed me most was the majority of the crowd were kids!
Kids under 14 who could be accompanied by adults.

So take your school aged kid to go to a behind closed doors match and boo the anti-racism gesture.

Personally, I think taking the knee before the match has lost any symbolism it had, and perhaps needs to be canned for the new season, but I guess that's not the reason there - after all the match was behind closed doors to begin with because of racism, and so it is probably a protest gesture against that as well as their initial racism.

Unless there's some sort of NF type movement for Hungarian preteens, I don't think the kids would be booing of their own volition, maybe doing it because everyone else is...

nffc is online now   Reply With Quote