Thread: Football Season 2021/22
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 12:53   #112
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Season 2021/22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
My big bug bear is shirt pulling, why is it allowed ? Sometimes they blow for it sometimes not. Just make it illegal, start giving penalties for any tug and it will soon stop.
Oh and asking or suggesting another player to be booked automatically means you get booked.

Think I'd like to be a ref
My main one is diving. But the issue there is that like shirt pulling (which isn't allowed) refs don't give the foul generally. Usually the foul has to be sufficient for the player to go down as opposed to have been illegally impeded for the free kick or penalty to be given.

I'd also like to see much less of this pushing around at free kicks and corners in the box, strictly it's illegal contact, so should be a foul but the ref can't give a pen for it because both teams are usually at it.

On a similar note, they need to be a bit less soft with fouls in the box and 2nd yellows. The law makes no distinction on either - if it's a foul which would be a free kick outside, in the box it's a penalty. And if a player gets 2 yellow card offences they are sent off. Might also cut back on some of this silly cheating and back chat the refs have to put up with as well. I think there was one occasion when he was in the championship before they went up where Schmeichel conceded a pen, the ref booked him for the foul, then he was time wasting/arguing on it, the ref booked him again and he had to go off, thats the kind of thing which should happen really.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote