View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 16:05   #214
davidd_ma
Inactive

davidd_ma is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Quote:
Originally Posted by insulatorpotty View Post
im in the same boat too and dont know how long i can continue working below the minimum wage. This contract has been a poorly run since it started but at least there was money to be earnt, but all the promises that if we worked hard we would get better rates, more work have been broken and we are now paying for more out of our own pockets, log books, hand wipes , paper towel, over shoes, filler, marker pens, batteries, rubbish sacks, vinyl gloves. Plus buying/ replacing our own tools/ test leads etc because its impossible to get anything out of quinns.My manager just tells me to sort it out myself. The job rates do not reflect these costs and i sense that this year they will try and drop the rates again. The rate for the sim provides is already a complete joke.
They treat the engineers like dirt , the majority of the staff in the head office have no experience of the job at all, but talk down to the engineers and then wonder why they have such a high turnover of staff.

Although, they have built a little empire in liverpool and created more levels of management up there , they have consistently spread the field support staff as thin as possible. when the contract started there was a supervisor to every 10-15 men, my former manager last year had 90 men and one coach. now managers in some areas are doing exch work , hoist drivers are also doing exch work and are spread over more and more areas and now the hubs are to close. My manager said that they are thinking of giving obass cards to some engineers so they can do their own e sides and those of any other engineers in the area, but for no extra money!!! complete and utter nonsense.
As for the hubs shutting, quinns senior management will do nothing, start screaming and shouting when it all goes wrong and then sack a few people to show who's boss. typical quinns style.
Why don't you quit? To be honest, in my opinion, any job is better than to work for MJ Quinn!!! What I have written is half of the story!
davidd_ma is offline   Reply With Quote