View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 18:31   #205
insulatorpotty
Inactive

insulatorpotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjquinnemployee View Post
Insulatorpotty you got it right. You are not self employed, I don't care what quinns tells you. Another example, I tried to insure the tools that quinns gave me, and the insurance company would not insure them because QUINNS owns the tools! You are not allowed to use your own tools. If I was self employed I would pay a small amount to insure myself against heavy losses if tools go walking.
If you are self-employed, why do you get 50 calls a day from control checking what time you got on site, what is the status of the job, why isn't this job finished...blah blah blah...that sounds like I am working for somebody else to me!! right??
I post on here to INFORM other misfortunate souls the truth about this company. I am not here to "get something for nothing."
Just some interesting facts about MJ Quinn for those interested in working for them. I can only speak of Copper Provision, although I am dual skilled.

Training costs will be charged to you if you do not complete the required 26 weeks. That total could top £1690 for a 13 day course that you will be liable for if you cannot for some reason complete.

Training records will be held by mj quinn and they will not give them to you until you either pay for your training or complete 26+ weeks. They own them and the training company has an agreement not to release them to you.

You have to pay for your own public liability insurance. £6 a month. worth it!

Van insurance deductible is £500-1000 or higher if you have a accident on your record

You will pay for your own fuel. So you work 1 whole day just to pay your fuel for the week.

they charge £25 a day if you are off sick with a doctors note, it is £50 a day if no sick note. (like if the teachers go on strike and you have no childcare!)

Fines from auditors are always a possibility. (cld1987 I am not lazy, dozey or shabby and NO I have never received a fine) I am not complaining, just saying this is something people coming on do not know about in advance.

BT Hubs are always busy. If you are on copper you can only work as fast as you can get ahold of the hub sometimes. I have been sitting for up to an hour trying to get ahold of them.

If the exchange doesn't get to your job, you get a tenner no matter how long you have worked. Same goes for d-side faults, if BT doesnt show to fix it THAT DAY, you get a tenner. I have had many BT engineers call me the next morning to tell me they got the problem fixed. I just tell them it doesnt matter to me cause I am only getting a tenner.

I hear MI is decent, and you can make good money. Copper provision is not worth it, you will just get taken advantage of. Depends where you are working at too.

I work hard, and I don't want something for nothing, but I do expect to get paid for each and every job I do. Otherwise it seems, that quinns is the one getting something for nothing.
spot on mate.
insulatorpotty is offline   Reply With Quote