View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 18:09   #186
MrIca
Inactive

MrIca is on a distinguished roadMrIca is on a distinguished road
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazaboy!!! View Post
Hi I am thinking of joining MJ Quinn (Yorkshire area). What are they like to work for? Do you get a van, fuel card and tools provided? and like Openreach engineers do you get the BT infinity package free? what other benefits are there to working for them? Thanks
Why would you get BT Infinity free if you don't work for BT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by insulatorpotty View Post
yep gotta meet this guy too.
ive heard of a few 'engineers'on quinns that are knocking out 6-8 complete jobs every day but they are looked after by senior 'managers' in head office and only work in areas where theres flats and new housing developments, if they get cancellations they are topped up with more work while the rest of us end up with **** all. plus most of them work away from home so dont care how many hours a day they work. they like you Arthur are carving up the job as quinns managers seem to think you can do 8 jobs a day safely and within openreachs quality rules.. you cannot do a quality full install in 40minutes whilst adhering to all the safety rules , parking restrictions ( in my area you will be lucky if your van is 100 yards away from the premises) etc.you definitely sound like a quinns manager and more than likely from the mersey area.
the rest of us are struggling with either lack of support from quinns and openreach, jobs not appointed correctly by cp's, lack of fluid work, customers who dont know what day of the week it is, etc etc etc etc.
like rapicom i have over 20 years BT experience and i can only conclude it because i know how to do the job properly that i cant / wont slash my way through 8-10. jobs thats if i was priveliged enough to get given that amount.
quinns engineers that say they do the same amount of comps every day are full of it, same as on BT , every day/job is different and al the time we are treated like production line workers things can only get worse.

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

just joined this forum and this stevetoon sounds like aquinns manager thru and thru or he is letting the job go to his head as you will not see every scenario in the very short time hes been on and back when i started on Bt in the 1980's he would have been brought down to earth very quickly by his senior colleagues as he sounds like a bit of a know it all.
Why did you leave BT?
MrIca is offline   Reply With Quote