Ukjay
Inactive

Ukjay is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1594 View Post
Hi,

Same question ...
I have been offered a training course by kelly's and MJ Quinn for next week and am really undecided on which company to go for.

I have 13 years experience with BT as a linesman, so I know the ropes, but have been out of the loop for 7years or so.

I have been unemployed for 3 months so after reading all the bad comments I really have no choice but to give them a try... but the question is which one!!

Any comments appreciated.

Sean
Hi Sean
Both Kely and Quinn are quite similar ( not good companys to work for) but apparently Kelly is worst than Quinns. I currently work for Quinns and I shared I few things in previous comments on this thread. If you go for Copper Provision the rates are:
Zone 1 0-6 miles £28.50
Zone 2 6-40 miles £30 .75
Zone 3 40-60 miles £33.75
Zone 4 over 60 miles £42.25
You have to pay your own fuel, for me it is zone 2 everyday and I do between 400 to 500 miles a week, £100 average on fuel expenses. Most of the weeks I complete 20 jobs zone 2. Since february only twice I completed 25 a week.
Kelly pays £25.00 per job but you have fuel card.
Whatever they say to you that you can complete over 25 etc... Thats ********! Dont believe on that, they probably have guys that make it but they are company's favourits.
Have a look at my other comments about Npus etc...
Im not happy with them but at the end of the day it is better than nothing, so if you are unemployed better take it and see how it goes!
Hope that helps.
Ukjay is offline   Reply With Quote