View Single Post
Old 20-07-2010, 08:37   #121
mjpartyboy
Inactive

mjpartyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainmakerRaw View Post
I didn't see any mention of this on a quick scan of the thread; but many will have noticed that upgrading to DD-WRT turns the router's WAN light orange, and the wifi setup button red.
The lights have been correct on my D2 since build 14594 and possibly the one before, so no need to run any commands. I'm pretty sure they still weren't quite right on the recommended build 14311, but it has been a while since I used this build now and the router's out of sight anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERDOG View Post
Im about to flash a friends router with this firmware. Do i have to flash her router using the FACTORY one first or can i just go straight to the dir615d-revb-ddwrt-webflash one like i did with mine ?
You need to use the factory file first to correctly prepare the router for DD-WRT, but after you've used the factory file once, you don't need to use it again, even if you revert to D-Link software and then back to DD-WRT again.

30/30/30 reset > power cycle router > access Emergency Room > factory file flash > 30/30/30 reset

30/30/30 reset > power cycle router > access DD-WRT's admin pages > Administration > Firmware Upgrade > revb file flash > 30/30/30 reset
mjpartyboy is offline   Reply With Quote