View Single Post
Old 30-03-2023, 05:16   #430
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Sorry, my bad, I must have misremembered. However, in the scheme of things, that 2% doesn’t really make much difference.

And jfman still has not answered my question.
Half a million homes at a market penetration of 20% is a £24m a year to a £20 pcm streamer, OB. There’s entire countries with television markets of half a million homes.

At what point does a linear channel cease to provide a return on investment? This of course setting aside additional revenue from greater visibility on the largest platforms in the UK.

The 97% figure relates to coverage, not take-up of superfast broadband services which will be lower.

---------- Post added at 05:16 ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Bet it doesn't, the prem prefer the less is more approach when it comes to games shown and feel the product could be watered down with to many low quality games. Still the 3pm blackout is odd, an anomaly shared with by ourselves, Scotland and moldova of all places iirc
Perhaps not, but I suspect it’s DAZN’s thinking.

Of course we are also outliers in respect of not every game being available (on some level) on TV.

Last edited by jfman; 30-03-2023 at 05:19.