View Single Post
Old 24-03-2023, 12:25   #473
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Re: Price rises this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
If only it was 13.8%! I suspect that “average” is calculated including the very lowest basic charges and new customers who are exempt. Most rises seem to be 20% or higher. Mine is 25%
I was just comparing the headline rates but the average will be based on list prices, not our monthly payments. It sucks, but that's VM's business model for you - artificially inflated prices offset by heavy discounting.

My increase is 23% in terms of monthly payment, though my letter said the rise wouldnt apply until the end of my the promotional period (first time I've had a fixed price contract, rather than fixed discount). My current deal ends in August so I'm going to wait until then before deciding what to do next as VM is seemingly not only the most expensive in terms of list prices, it will also have the highest price increases of all from next year. Caveat emptor.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote