View Single Post
Old 24-02-2023, 12:38   #32
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: AM Radio fading into history

Indeed, and of course Bauer are also closing down their local MW outlets, albeit gradually, and I would imagine that Bauer will no longer be transmitting anything on MW by the middle of the decade.

And I wonder for how much longer any BBC Local Radio stations will continue on MW and the BBC stated that it sees the transmission of 5 Live on MW ending later in the decade. However, they have not indicated a possible closedown timeline of Radio 4 on 198 LW.

I wonder if Ofcom will look to re-advertise 1215 AM for another station, thereby giving a national station an analogue outlet and if so, I guess a station like LBC might consider it especially as Global seems to be much more AM-friendly as they haven't closed down any MW transmitters unless there were extenuating circumstances.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote