View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 08:38   #10
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Mis-Sold me a Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You have to have the other party’s consent to the recording - if they say "I don’t want you to record this call", you can’t make the recording available to third-parties without their consent.

https://recordinglaw.com/recording-laws-uk/

The very first paragraph says

Quote:
According to the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA), recording conversations without consent in the UK is legal provided the recording is done for personal use; this includes telephone conversations.
Sharing them with 3rd parties is where the difficulty starts. So in theory I can record the call and say at the end I recorded the conversation is it ok to use it as evidence if the contract is incorrectly actioned. If they say no and it goes further I can then further petition for it to be allowed into evidence which any legal person involved could allow or deny