View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 15:31   #1930
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: The energy crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Sounds good for people on Octopus, what's the catch?
I am on Agile and Gas tracker.

The catch is the cap on the tariff is very high. On my tariff its low but I signed up to a much older version.

The current trackers have a cap about triple the EPG.

However..

Since start of October, gas has been below EPG rates the vast majority of the time, it was about 30% of EPG rate for most of October and November, and is currently about 60% EPG today (6.4p unit).

On Agile today my electric unit rates got as low as 17p, the average is 27p. Back in October and November it was really cheap and some days Octopus paid me to use electric. Electric has peaked at only 37p since then (on the higher capped trackers).

If you jump on the tracker, you can leave whenever you want penalty free, so if things get rough you can get out of town quickly, so basically just keep an eye on things. If you dont like the idea of risk and keeping track, then its not for you.

For reference my Agile is capped at 33.02p (EPG rate) and my gas also capped at EPG rate but I am on much older tariffs.

This site shows wind generation which affects daily prices. Those on SVR and normal fixed dont benefit from this.

https://winderful.uk/
Attached Images
File Type: png octups-agile-tracker.png (91.0 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Chrysalis; 01-02-2023 at 15:40.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote