View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 12:53   #48
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Antivirus / anti spyware / Firewall, and computer health thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Have had to reformat the whole system when using a recommended `free` antivirus caused major problems . So rather go for overkill
As someone who considers himself an enthusiastic expert the only time I have had catastrophic issues caused by an AV itself was the paid for version of Kaspersky.

As an addition to this thread as it is about computer health I cannot recommend Backupper or similar programs that will take a system image that can be recovered in minutes enough

Say for example you had a working system backup from say a week before the AV stuffed things up you recover to that and the system is back up and all set up without the hassles of a reinstall and having to set everything back up again

Windows 10 still I believe has the old windows 7 system backup options hidden away somewhere too

Last edited by Jaymoss; 08-08-2021 at 13:59.
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote