View Single Post
Old 24-12-2018, 10:38   #5764
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Main PC seems to have gone belly up: I've been running a media server on it so it's been on 24/7 and this morning was getting senile, like they do, and not properly updating the screen in FF so I rebooted only to have a complete crash and reset during Windows startup. It'll start in safe mode just not normally. Looks like the graphics card is the problem judging by the point in the boot that it resets.

I guess the first thing is to pull the card, clean the contacts and re-seat it.

At least I have the lappy as stand by.

Edit:

Just pulled the card and all the main electrolytic capacitors in the on-board power supplies have bulging safety vets and have oozed liquid out (now dried to powder). Looks like replacements are called for. I'll have to order them after Xmas as I don't have anything suitable in the bitsa box. I can probably nail something on to get it going pro-tem. No real surprise as I built this PC over ten years ago. At the time it was almost state of the art.

New year, new build called for.

Edit:

Pulled the caps off the board and they have no measurable value so I think its given.

Last edited by heero_yuy; 24-12-2018 at 11:15.
heero_yuy is offline   Reply With Quote