View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 10:08   #1
patt
Inactive

patt is an unknown quantity at this point
125mbps router help

ok ive got a belkin 125mbps router for my pc, and a linksys 125mbps usb adaptor for my laptop,

there both set up internet works fine and file sharing works ok but slow,
and just for the setting up stage ive got them sat on the same desk, about a meter apart, and when file sharing im only getting about 2.5m-bytes per sec, where as for 54g shouldn't it be somthing like 6mega bytes per second,

but also this set up is capable of 125mbps, which is somthing like 16mega bytes per second, and i getting now where near that,

i know its ok to use two different manufacturers on 54g, but can you use two different manufactures increased 125mbps technology

and quality mbps is obviously going to degrade over distance, but shouldn't i be getting almost full speeds form having them a meter apart,

ok, now this next bit might sound dumb, but maybe some of you can relate,, i dont know how many of you guys are from the UK, but ive got a standard semi detached house, and the router is located in the downstairs back room, the room in front of the garden, but as sonn as i exit that room and head into the hall, and stand by the front door, my connection has already gone to low, is this normal?, its only about 8 metres !!

hope you can help
patt is offline   Reply With Quote