View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 12:29   #1231
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
As a congregation we study the bible and then get together and discuss what we have read and when we get through it we start again we are currently in Numbers. We are also studying a book dedicated to Ezekiel’s prophesies. We spent almost 3 years studying and then discussing as a group a book on Jesus Ministry from his baptism to resurrection and ascension
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
How about John Piper's series on Romans that took so long people would talk about when they joined the church in relation to where in Romans the series was?

I am slowly looking at Ephesians using a new study Bible. Daily devotions are working through 1 John.

Outside the best selling book of all time I'm reading Tozer. I really liked "I Talk Back To The Devil".
Well, if we’re talking about that sort of reading, I could post you the bibliography for the dissertation I’ve just finished ... Some theology texts are really weird though, especially the cultural theology stuff. One of them is called “Alien Sex: The Body and Desire in Cinema and Theology.” Fortunately I only had to read half a dozen pages of that one.

A favourite I keep coming back to is Derek Tidball’s Builders & Fools: Leadership the Bible Way. Very good if you’re in any sort of position of responsibility in your church.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote