Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2021, 15:59   #1297
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It will continue as normal for anyone with Sky:

https://twitter.com/cnnipr/status/1430531834237095937
That's interesting, so this seems to be just another case of Virgin failing to negotiate a contract renewal. Slightly at odds with the statement on the community forum and Virgin's frequently regurgitated tweets.

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I expect to see it disappear off FreeSat if it's joining the sub club as it'll be encrypted.

It's going to bite them in the behind, I don't get the impression people want to pay for TV news, news channels are all about maximising availability. I can't see all the likes of those hotels and airports wanting to pay, they'll just move to another channel, or not replace them at all.

I can see them having to reverse this move in a year or 2.

There are certainly some very passionate viewers on other forums and social media, one said they had it on in the background virtually all day and recorded shows on top of that. Several others have said they only subscribed to VM for CNN so will be moving.
Virgin probably lost considerably more customers from it not carrying Sky Atlantic than they will through removing CNN. Will they really be concerned by this?