Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2021, 15:06   #1294
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
The news services are so spread out, they could be doing with a clear up.
Remember when UKTV was dropped they ‘apparently’ started accepting bids for the EPG slots.

Same ‘might’ happen with GB News possibly taking it for higher prominence on the guide.
The news section has been spread out since the launch of Virgin Media and before if you look at its predecessors. With any luck, the Warner/Discovery merger could result in a similar move to put GB News "behind a paywall". That's assuming GB News lasts that long.

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Shame. I thought CNN was one of the better US news channels on Virgin. I’m not inclined to pay for the streamer in order to watch it, though.

It would be nice if they replaced it - say with ABC News or CBS News, but I don’t think there are any such plans.
Perhaps NBC/Sky could revive their plans for an international version of Sky News to fill the gap.