View Single Post
Old 10-03-2023, 16:34   #132
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: The Smart Meter Con

Just had a chap from Scottish Power tell me one of the benefits of having a smart meter is it'll give off less radiation than my current meter . He also told me I must have one because it's the law and it's all to do with the banning of petrol and diesel engines and that Scottish Power are a big company and wouldn't lie to customers. He also said I wouldn't be able to drive in Glasgow soon unless I had an electric car.

I told him I didn't want one, I don't have to have one and him saying I must have one is wrong and dishonest. When it comes to Scottish Power not lying to customers I suggested he Googled the £8.5 million fine they got a few years ago for mis-selling. Also, having been involved in planty of behind the scenes work on Low Emission Zones I offered him the truth about the upcoming changes in Glasgow, but he told me he lived there so knew what he was talking about. I said it was a shame his knowledge on the changes to driving in Glasgow was as poor as his facts about smart meters.

I asked to speak to his manger because I felt he was trying to scare me in to getting one and he put the phone down.

Feel a bit guilty now because he only sounded a young lad and I could tell he was nervous, but he shouldn't be allowed to ring people up and try to bully them however much they laugh at his outlandish claims.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote