Thread: Football Euro 2020
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 13:35   #74
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Euro 2020: England Reach Final

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Do said teams expect fans of other clubs/nations to support them?
No, but I wouldn't accuse them of entitlement or arrogance for doing it. I don't think France were arrogant, or United or City.

Nobody wants to lose a final. They go there to win. They've just lost and we make them go to collect medals in a ceremony when all they want to do is get out of the stadium.

2nd place is nothing in football. No one gives a toss about it. I remember the Champions League final Arsenal were in, I don't think 'wow, 2nd place!' I am forever disappointed (and yes, Arsenal took off their medals too).

It's just a standard thing that happens in football so let's not have a round of hysteria about it.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote