Thread: Football Season 22-23
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2023, 07:34   #187
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Season 22-23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
In the first half, Yes. In the second half, No.
We didnt play that well, but got the result, thats going to be difference between survival and relegation.
It's a bit tight in the whole bottom half really. We are 13th and 6 points clear which you would think might be plenty, but we have got into that situation from being 19th when the WC finished. Southampton and Bournemouth are clearly struggling a lot and not really showing any signs of improvement but Everton and Leeds have new managers (or will have) which can often provide a short term bounce, and you'd imagine West Ham would have enough quality to get themselves a bit higher and out of it as well.

I don't think it's unfeasible that any of the bottom half teams could go on a similar run. We still have the top 4 to play again (all of them beat us convincingly in the other match and I don't think we're better enough at home to change that) and a bad run of results like we had in September time is likely to put us back into the mix.

Likely anyone Palace down is involved in the scrap and if they hit a bad run it could easily drag Villa or Liverpool into it as well.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote