Thread: British culture
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2021, 15:52   #96
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: British culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

I'll remind you of what I said in my first post:

A vibrant evolving culture along the lines suggested by Chris is one thing; eventual domination by a culture that achieves a governing majority (if that happens) is quite another.

And calling me racist, to whatever degree, is disgraceful.

Well, continually posting things along the "Replacement Theory" lines, people will assume the "Duck Theory" applies...

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Dave and Stormzy told us last year at the Brits that everyone is racist
He didn't....

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...racism-comment
Quote:
Stormzy has hit out at media outlets he accused of “intentionally spinning my words for some click bait” after comments he made in an interview about racism in the UK were misrepresented by various publications.

The grime artist gave an interview to the Italian newspaper La Repubblica last week in which he was asked if Britain was still racist, to which he replied: “definitely, 100%” even if such racism was “hidden”.

The quote was used in headlines and articles by outlets including ITV and several news websites to suggest that Stormzy had said the UK was 100% racist, rather than that he 100% believed there was racism in the country.

ITV apologised for the way it had covered the story, saying that while it had included Stormzy’s full response to the question on their website, its headline and a tweet about the story misrepresented what he had said.

“On Saturday we reported on an interview by an Italian newspaper with the British rapper Stormzy in which the subject of racism was discussed,” tweeted ITV news.

“[His] response was reproduced in full on our website. Despite this, it was felt the headline at the top of this story on our website and Twitter post did not reflect these comments fully and was therefore amended. The tweet regarding the quotes was also later removed. We would like to apologise to Stormzy for any misunderstanding.”
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote