Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2022, 14:02   #203
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Still can't get on with the 360 here. Recreating Series Links is something you should not have to do.

Wishlists and the Series Link+ are thr big loss.

Profiles you have to keep reselecting are a pain.

On the 360 - how do I recreate series links for series currently not in the guide?
You don’t have to recreate series links, do you? I think that is only necessary if you delete the series link when you’ve finished the series you are watching.

My wife loves ‘Fear the Walking Dead’, but the last two series were only available on Amazon for a fee. However, out of the blue the other day the series popped up on our watchlist and now the last two series are there, free of extra charge. I’m sure the V6 didn’t do that.

Likewise, with the series recorded from live TV, any new series pop up automatically. Just make sure you don’t cancel the series link when you’ve seen the last one.

We find the profiles very useful indeed. You can set it up to always come on with the profile you select if you want to, or you don’t have to use them at all.

By ‘wish list’ I think you mean the facility on the TiVo/V6 to just select a programme, cast member, director or whatever, and to be alerted to programmes fitting that criteria when they are available. I have rarely used that facility and therefore don’t miss it. The only searching I do is from the search function on the 360, which brings up any programmes that are already available, and I then add them to the watchlist.

Frankly, the only thing I miss is the fact that you cannot ‘undelete’ recordings recently deleted.