View Single Post
Old 25-09-2021, 09:37   #38
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Panic at the Pumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
I'm blaming the newspapers for yesterday's scenes. On Thursday BP said it had closed 'a handful' of petrol stations. Yesterday's front pages went to town on this, including The Sun's 'We're Running on Empty'. They must have known such inflammatory headlines would cause panic buying.

A good description of the situation I spotted on twitter: 'Panic buying is collectively irrational, but individually rational.'
Let everybody fill up yesterday, they’ll have nice full tanks but not go anywhere. I’ll go fill up mid-week when all the forecourts will have tumble weeds blowing through them.