Thread: Streaming Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 21:39   #5
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I don't think so but it depends what your tastes are. I was hoping for a more serious grounded proper Star Trek series based on what we have already seen of the characters (i.e. establishing the baseline for my realism factor) however this looks way too silly and I can only assume they are taking advantage of a new series and blank slate and trying to capitalise on the success of The Orville and a lot of the criticism Discovery initially received. This trailer was deliberately made to make it look like a scifi comedy.
Have you ever even watched TOS? It mixed slapstick, closet racist jibes and high drama on a weekly basis. It did so precisely because the network criticised *both* pilots for being too serious (you can especially see this in The Cage). TOS was colourful, bombastic, melodramatic and hilarious in equal measure. “Proper” Star Trek isn’t grounded in the way you seem to think it is.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote